Case Study - Linde
Employees: 65,590+ (worldwide)
Industry: Gasses, Healthcare, Engineering and Handling Equipment.
“It was the most powerful team building training we had ever been on. So much money is spent on training but this course certainly delivered a ROI. It delivered around our business challenge…”
Executive Team Building & Communication Workshop – Becoming clear, concise, coherent and consistent
In today’s increasingly competitive environment, executives in specialist roles are expected to manage multiple, complex projects and teams. The need to be self aware and to communicate effectively is essential.
For the executive team at Linde Material Handling East, the pressure was even greater, as their division strove to become a more successful part of the larger Linde organisation. They chose The Supply Chain Academy to deliver a bespoke
“Executive Team Building and Communication” workshop day offering insights into:
– Communicating with more clarity, and persuasion.
– Using body language effectively.
– Asking the right questions.
– Giving constructive (rather than destructive) criticism.
– Handling difficult people
– Giving praise and showing appreciation
Relationship Mapping was introduced so that the team could look at their key (internal) stakeholders more microscopically, especially as some of them were experiencing what was described as ‘push down’ from different parts of the organisation.
The team felt they gained a lot from examining these relationships from different perspectives: how they are now; a projection of how they would look if nothing was done to change them, and additionally the ideal future. Patterns (of their current approaches) emerged as well as the differences each manager had in their relationships with different stakeholders.
The conversations focused on the impact of their interactions with stakeholders given the current business climate and pondered on how these interactions might differ in a different climate. From this came some strategies for future communications that tied with the MDs aspiration of the communications being clear, concise, coherent and consistent.
The feedback received was more than glowing with the MD – Simon Manasseh, describing the day as ‘phenomenal’.
Additionally we received the following comments: “It was the most powerful team building training we had ever been on. So much money is spent on training but this course certainly delivered a ROI. It delivered around our business challenges”.
Supply Chain Academy can deliver efficiency in your global supply chain. As a resource for this industry we provide:
- Open & Bespoke short courses including Change Management developed by leading Supply Chain experts at all levels.
- Organisational Development using Insights Discover – personality profiling, which enhances personal team, leadership and sales effectiveness communication. Techniques to ensure that learning has been applied to your organisation and demonstrates a real ROI.
- Consultancy to improve your performance, profitability and customer experience identifying hidden costs and wasted resources.
Our Experienced Experts Help You:
- Improve quickly as our courses are focused on the practical application of new skills to your job.
- Think and adapt to become self-reliant, self-aware and confident of success.
- Develop, using the latest work-based learning techniques to become a more effective manager or leader.
133 Hall Road, Upminster RM14 1AL (UK)
Find the Academy
Directions: Exit the M25 at Junction 29, taking the A127 towards London. After about 1/2 mile take the slip road exit, sign posted to Upminster & Cranham. Turn left on to Hall Lane and after 1/2 mile, the Supply Chain Academy can be found on the right. Enter via the third gate on the right.
Nearest Rail Station: Upminster
London Underground Station: Upminster