Case Study - MacAndrews
Industry: Supply Chain
Mark Copsey – Chief Operating Officer
“This training session was very positive. We are keen to continue the team’s development with the Supply Chain Academy’ “
Headquartered in Britain, MacAndrews & Company Limited, part of CMA CGM – the third largest shipping container transport company in the world – offers door-to-door transport solutions by sea, rail, road and barge to most European destinations; linking the Iberian Peninsula (Spain and Portugal) to the United Kingdom and Ireland, as well as France, Holland, Scandinavia, Poland, The Baltics and Russia.
MacAndrews’ Chief Operating Officer, Mark Copsey, identified the need to improve communication internally and externally with suppliers and customers, in alignment with the company’s core purpose, mission and values.
Mark was drawn to a staff development partnership with the Supply Chain Academy, following his participation earlier in the year on our ‘Leading Complex Change in the Supply Chain’ Director programme. Mark was impressed with the programme’s focus on the practical application of knowledge and wanted a similar approach to meet his team’s specific needs.
We offered a ‘Personal Effectiveness’ workshop using the Insights® Discovery personality profiling model. Insights® Discovery is a practical psychometric tool that helps individuals understand themselves, understand others and make the most of the relationships that affect them in the workplace and in their teams. Insights® Discovery is based upon the psychology and work of Carl Jung and uses a simple and memorable four colour model.
We call these the colour energies, and it’s the unique mix of Fiery Red, Sunshine Yellow, Earth Green and Cool Blue energies which determines how and why people behave the way they do.
The model measures these preferences based on responses to a short online evaluator. One of the outputs is a 20 page personality profile that provides information on an individual’s strengths and weaknesses, communication style and their value to a team. Each profile includes suggestions for development that can be put into practice the very next day.
“This training session was very positive. The interactions helped to breakdown barriers between the team and they are more aware of the impact they have on others. We are keen to continue the team’s development with the Supply Chain Academy’ – Mark Copsey, COO at MacAndrews.
We helped the team to:
- Understand the behavioural preferences of individuals and how these can sometimes clash to cause conflict
- Identify practical actions to take that would help people with different preferences work better together
- Work together to make a more supportive and engaging team environment.
Supply Chain Academy can deliver efficiency in your global supply chain. As a resource for this industry we provide:
- Open & Bespoke short courses including Change Management developed by leading Supply Chain experts at all levels.
- Organisational Development using Insights Discover – personality profiling, which enhances personal team, leadership and sales effectiveness communication. Techniques to ensure that learning has been applied to your organisation and demonstrates a real ROI.
- Consultancy to improve your performance, profitability and customer experience identifying hidden costs and wasted resources.
Our Experienced Experts Help You:
- Improve quickly as our courses are focused on the practical application of new skills to your job.
- Think and adapt to become self-reliant, self-aware and confident of success.
- Develop, using the latest work-based learning techniques to become a more effective manager or leader.
133 Hall Road, Upminster RM14 1AL (UK)
Find the Academy
Directions: Exit the M25 at Junction 29, taking the A127 towards London. After about 1/2 mile take the slip road exit, sign posted to Upminster & Cranham. Turn left on to Hall Lane and after 1/2 mile, the Supply Chain Academy can be found on the right. Enter via the third gate on the right.
Nearest Rail Station: Upminster
London Underground Station: Upminster