Case Study - Mitsubishi Electric
Website: http://www. mitsubishielectric.co.uk
Employees 129,000+ (worldwide)
Industry: Electronics, Technology, Energy and Transportation
General Manager Business Support
“We have a good relationship with the Supply Chain Academy as they understand our business.
I have had great feedback from the team on how effective the course was which they used immediately at work”
Mitsubishi Electric is a global multinational electronics and electrical equipment manufacturing company, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
The Mitsubishi Electric Group operates on the corporate principle of contributing to society by enhancing its technologies, services, and creative powers, as a leader in the manufacture and sales of electric and electronic equipment.
In the UK, Mitsubishi Electric is a market leader in providing solutions to heat, cool and ventilate buildings using innovative, energy efficient, heat pump and heat recovery technology.
Mitsubishi Electric recognise that the very best companies continue to reinvent the way they do business with customers even if they have already achieved a leading position in their industry.
They understand that customer expectations are continually changing. By constantly examining themselves and their strategy, they are able to manage risks; respond to changes in the economic, technological, and competitive environment; and exploit new opportunities more effectively than their competitors.
Wanting to drive operational efficiencies and improve productivity, Mitsubishi Electric selected the Supply Chain Academy to equip their employees with the knowledge required to be more efficient in three main areas;
-Effective negotiation training for business development managers dealing with their partners, suppliers and clients.
-Effective warehouse management training to enable managers to run efficient, robust and agile operations and to improve customer satisfaction.
– Procurement team’s understanding of the complexities of importing, including: Commodity Codes, Incoterms and general HMRC documentation.
Business Effective Negotiation
To equip managers with the tools and techniques of negotiation, the Supply Chain Academy team designed and delivered a bespoke training programme that enabled them to:
-Drive towards improved negotiation outcomes
-Build a sense of trust and understanding
-Obtain vital information using heightened questioning and listening abilities
-Avoid making premature concessions
-Assess and use the power of body language\
-Build a settlement range by evaluating fallback positions
The Supply Chain Academy team designed and delivered a bespoke training programme that enabled managers to:
– Understand how to develop key performance metrics
– Improve Warehouse design based on the suppliers needs
– Understand Warehouse management systems and their functions
– Improve Space and capacity planning
– Understand the basics of the buying function and the tension between buying forecasts and capacity forecasts
Practical Guide to Import & Export Documentation
The Supply Chain Academy’s sister company, Customs Insights Consultancy, delivered a one day bespoke interactive course which provided the team with key information on:
• HMRC documentation
• Commodity codes (tariffs)
• Transport and freight
• Calculating freight.
To make the Practical Guide to Import & Export Documentation course as interactive and engaging as possible, the course also included a unique supply chain board game, which gave a common understanding of how much the supply chain (and business costs) can be affected by lead times, customer demand fluctuations, out of stocks, supplier behaviour, supply fluctuations.
All three training courses combined subject teaching, facilitated discussions and presentations, underpinned with specialist case studies to encourage delegates to consider how this learning could be applied to their respective job roles.
Perry Jackson, General Manager – Business Support for Mitsubishi Electric Living Environmental Systems said; “We wanted our people to be more effective in line with our strategy. We have a good relationship with the Supply Chain Academy as they understand our business. I have had great feedback from the team on how effective the course was which they used immediately at work.”
Supply Chain Academy can deliver efficiency in your global supply chain. As a resource for this industry we provide:
- Open & Bespoke short courses including Change Management developed by leading Supply Chain experts at all levels.
- Organisational Development using Insights Discover – personality profiling, which enhances personal team, leadership and sales effectiveness communication. Techniques to ensure that learning has been applied to your organisation and demonstrates a real ROI.
- Consultancy to improve your performance, profitability and customer experience identifying hidden costs and wasted resources.
Our Experienced Experts Help You:
- Improve quickly as our courses are focused on the practical application of new skills to your job.
- Think and adapt to become self-reliant, self-aware and confident of success.
- Develop, using the latest work-based learning techniques to become a more effective manager or leader.
133 Hall Road, Upminster RM14 1AL (UK)
Find the Academy
Directions: Exit the M25 at Junction 29, taking the A127 towards London. After about 1/2 mile take the slip road exit, sign posted to Upminster & Cranham. Turn left on to Hall Lane and after 1/2 mile, the Supply Chain Academy can be found on the right. Enter via the third gate on the right.
Nearest Rail Station: Upminster
London Underground Station: Upminster