Case Study - CBRE
Employees: 6,900+ (worldwide)
Industry: Commercial Real Estate
“The insights from that workshop have been invaluable to us; we saw benefit from what we learned almost immediately and the experience continues to pay dividends.
“CBRE wanted to get a closer understanding of what is, these days, a very fast evolving supply chain landscape. Being the world’s largest commercial property company makes it critical that we continue to work on our understanding of our customers’ needs and so we sought out the best guidance and support that we could get.
The Supply Chain Academy developed a workshop for us which took us into the DNA of the modern and emerging supply chains. With their help we looked into the experience of today’s supply chain challenges from a customer’s perspective and this helped us to understand how our work, the provision of warehousing assets, plays its role.
We looked at the entire span of the supply chain – from factory to delivery into the customers’ hands and back. We covered the complex challenges of omni-channel retailing, just in time manufacturing, the critical disciplines of inventory management and how all those things impact on property.
And the really exciting thing was that we decided to do this with and alongside our investor and development partner customers; to share in collaborative learning. That close and intense learning experience with them was invaluable in adding to what was an outstanding workshop.
As a facility the Supply Chain Academy is quite superb, there are few places like it. It’s a fantastic Edwardian building which has been gloriously restored with great teaching spaces, wonderful bedroom accommodation and great food; we continued in to the evening with a fine dinner whilst getting insights from the visiting speaker from one of the UK’s major omni-channel retailers.
The insights from that workshop have been invaluable to us; we saw benefit from what we learned almost immediately and the experience continues to pay dividends. The facilitation from Professor Alan Braithwaite was informed, challenging and great fun.”
Supply Chain Academy can deliver efficiency in your global supply chain. As a resource for this industry we provide:
- Open & Bespoke short courses including Change Management developed by leading Supply Chain experts at all levels.
- Organisational Development using Insights Discover – personality profiling, which enhances personal team, leadership and sales effectiveness communication. Techniques to ensure that learning has been applied to your organisation and demonstrates a real ROI.
- Consultancy to improve your performance, profitability and customer experience identifying hidden costs and wasted resources.
Our Experienced Experts Help You:
- Improve quickly as our courses are focused on the practical application of new skills to your job.
- Think and adapt to become self-reliant, self-aware and confident of success.
- Develop, using the latest work-based learning techniques to become a more effective manager or leader.
133 Hall Road, Upminster RM14 1AL (UK)
Find the Academy
Directions: Exit the M25 at Junction 29, taking the A127 towards London. After about 1/2 mile take the slip road exit, sign posted to Upminster & Cranham. Turn left on to Hall Lane and after 1/2 mile, the Supply Chain Academy can be found on the right. Enter via the third gate on the right.
Nearest Rail Station: Upminster
London Underground Station: Upminster