Case Study - Thomson Reuters
Website: www. thomsonreuters.com
Employees 50,000+ (worldwide)
Industry: Legal, Financial, Property, Research & Science.
Head of Proposition Marketing for Supply Chain & Commodities
“Working with the Supply Chain Academy allowed us to confirm our current thinking and these training sessions went a long way to authenticating our current views.”
Thomson Reuters chose Supply Chain Academy to deliver bespoke training for key staff in London, New York and Singapore.
They commissioned Supply Chain Academy to equip some of their employees with the knowledge required to help them better understand the Supply Chain sector.
Thomson Reuters operates in more than 100 countries, and has more than 60,000 employees around the world. They provide professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers to make informed business decisions.
With regards to supply chain management, Thomson Reuters offers a range of intelligent price, disruption and third-party solutions that can help minimize the uncertainty in supply chains. Events such as volatile commodities prices, extreme weather and bribery and corruption can disrupt and have a negative impact on your supply chain. Through trusted insight and market leading capabilities Thomson Reuters can effectively help navigate these risks keeping organisation’s reputation, costs and ultimately revenue from harm.
To help their staff understand how to sell their products to the supply chain sector more effectively, the Supply Chain Academy team designed and delivered a bespoke training program that enabled them to:
– Become more knowledgeable in key areas of the end to end Supply Chain.
– Understand the pressures, challenges and potential weak links in a Supply Chain.
– Speak with authority about different areas of the Supply Chain and to understand the industry- specific terminology when interacting with supply chain professionals.
– Understand the principles of Risk Assessment and Management in all areas of the Supply Chain.
This 2 day course was delivered to 64 staff in London, New York and Singapore. The training combined core subject teaching facilitated discussions on critical incidents, reflections and presentations to encourage staff to consider how this learning could be applied to their respective job roles.
“Working with the Supply Chain Academy allowed us to confirm our current thinking with regards to the key disciplines, practices and roles within supply chain management” commented Matthew Ashley, Head of Proposition Marketing for Supply Chain and Commodities at Thomson Reuters.
“As we move even deeper into this market it is essential that we fully understand the workflow, processes and pain point of supply chain professionals, and these training sessions went a long way to authenticating our current views.”
Supply Chain Academy can deliver efficiency in your global supply chain. As a resource for this industry we provide:
- Open & Bespoke short courses including Change Management developed by leading Supply Chain experts at all levels.
- Organisational Development using Insights Discover – personality profiling, which enhances personal team, leadership and sales effectiveness communication. Techniques to ensure that learning has been applied to your organisation and demonstrates a real ROI.
- Consultancy to improve your performance, profitability and customer experience identifying hidden costs and wasted resources.
Our Experienced Experts Help You:
- Improve quickly as our courses are focused on the practical application of new skills to your job.
- Think and adapt to become self-reliant, self-aware and confident of success.
- Develop, using the latest work-based learning techniques to become a more effective manager or leader.
133 Hall Road, Upminster RM14 1AL (UK)
Find the Academy
Directions: Exit the M25 at Junction 29, taking the A127 towards London. After about 1/2 mile take the slip road exit, sign posted to Upminster & Cranham. Turn left on to Hall Lane and after 1/2 mile, the Supply Chain Academy can be found on the right. Enter via the third gate on the right.
Nearest Rail Station: Upminster
London Underground Station: Upminster