- Case Study -Ardagh Group
Founded in 1932, Ardagh Group manufacturers packaging and operates globally through two divisions : Glass and Metal .In both divisions , the Group has secured leading positions in the key end markets it serves.
Ardagh offers the latest innovation and technological breakthroughs in areas such as down-gauging, shaping, decoration and convenience features. The Group provides solutions across all market sectors, including Aerosols, Beverages, Nutrition, Food, Seafood, Opening Solutions, Custom and Paints and Coatings
The Group operate 109 facilities in 22 countries, employs approximately 23,500 people and generate more than €7.7 billion in revenue.
Wanting to drive ‘growth and efficiency’ in the business, Ardagh Group –Norwich, Supply Chain Manager, Ashley Macleod identified a need for tailored ‘Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP)’ training for the supply chain team.
Find out more at: ardaghgroup.com
Supply Chain Manager
- addressed gaps in the teams knowledge
- increase their competence and confidence in using the S&OP principles
- included support in applying the learning to their roles and functions so that there was a tangible return on Investment
The course provided practical interactive sessions in which we discuss the main topics, its role within the business, and how it influences and impacts overall business success.
- S&OP processes and their purpose
- the determination of SOP outputs and performance indicators
- the role of S&OP and decision making
- the stages of the S&OP process and their implementation; planning values and measures
- the integration of S&OP into a business
- take a different perspective on traditional data such as sales history and forecasts, as well as time-phased inventory projections and production capacity
- understand how their forecasts impact manufacturing schedules and inventory levels
- assess whether they are producing enough product to meet sales demand
- recognise how production is tied to finance, and to see the financial impact of production decisions, so appropriate adjustments may be then undertaken
“This was a great opportunity for the team to come together, learn best practice in an interactive way and share their experiences. It has helped us to think about how we currently operate and how we can apply the learning to become more efficient. The Supply Chain Academy certainly are ‘business led’ and we look forward to a long term relationship as we grow our business further”
“In today’s volatile markets, Innovative companies are putting operations and supply chain efficiency at the forefront of their agenda to reduce cost and improve customer service. It was a pleasure to work with Ashley to understand the business and architect the S&OP course, supporting the team in becoming more effective for their market.”
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
CP Training Gen Manager
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years of practical logistics experience in a Blue Chip mulitnational company.