- Case Study -Sky UK
Sky offer outstanding training and development opportunities to staff as they believe the performance of their people is a key driver of their growth and success and everyone learns throughout their career. They want their staff to be equipped to deal with queries across all of their products so it is easier for their customers to interact with them all.
Senior Procurement Manager
The SKY supply chain and procurement team wanted to improve the way they deliver projects, particularly with the way they interact with what they consider are the core ‘project managers’ of the business. However, they did not want a typical ‘project management’ course as they did not want to become project managers. Instead, they wanted to manage and lead their own procurement projects more effectively.
They selected Supply Chain Academy, to develop a unique and highly practical training session where core principles of project management were taught and delivered around their real live projects. This SMART business simulation approach used real work scenarios and provided delegates with all the tools and techniques they needed to support them as they instantly applied the learning to their work.
The Supply Chain Academy helped the team:
- recognise when it is appropriate to adopt a ‘project’ approach to managing their workload
- apply a simple lifecycle to a project to break it into easy to manage stages
- clearly define their projects to provide real clarity in terms of project scope, roles and responsibilities, and other key factors
- confidently plan, organise and document a project by using a wide variety of tools that add value to the project management process
- become more effective in monitoring and controlling the project work, change requests and resourcing pressures by using best practice processes and techniques
- understand what lessons can be learnt from managing work using a project approach
- tailor their approach to projects of varying size and complexity
She commented: “The team have made real positive changes since the training day at Supply Chain Academy; the course was highly relevant, a good mix between theory and practice and colleagues appreciated the relevance of the scenarios and case study to help them take the learning and apply at work. This has been a great opportunity for the team to come together to share their knowledge and learn new skills, whilst at the same time create action plans to become more efficient.”
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
Alex has a strong and successful track record of business and organisational development. He has worked in both the university and private sector managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
Event & Operations Manager
Sally has over 20 years of first hand supply chain experience, including 18 years working in key positions at Uniserve Group, the UK’s leading independent logistics and global trade management provider.
CP Training Gen Manager
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years of practical logistics experience in a Blue Chip mulitnational company.
By Post, Phone, Email or our Social Media Channels.
133 Hall Lane, Upminster RM14 1AL
+44 1708 259450
Send Us a Message