Leading (High Performance) Project Teams
£795.00 + VAT
The most successful projects are those delivered by a highly motivated team working well together. This is aimed at executives that want to gain some insights into how they can create and maintain a highly effective project team.
1 DAY Course
Please email email@example.com for course dates.
The need for understanding and leading change has never been greater. As organisations become leaner and more competitive, supply chains become more effective and integrated, and as information systems and communications become faster and more sophisticated it is vital that managers need to be able to lead and manage change at all levels in their organisation.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Why businesses change
- How businesses are structured and change their structures
- How the supply chain can operate and change effectively
- How to diagnose the need for change
- How to develop the vision and the plan
- How change affects people and teams and how best to manage them through the change
- How to measure success
Understanding Change and why it occurs
- What drives Change in Supply Chain Organisations
- Different varieties of Change
- The evolution of businesses and their structures
- Leadership for Change
- Culture and Power in Organisations
- Dealing with Conflict
- Individual and Team Change – different approaches
Diagnosis and Preparation
- Diagnosing the need for Change
- Hard and Soft Change
- Kotter’s eight steps for Change
- Creating the Coalition
- Creating the Vision
- Creating the Plan
- Choosing the Agent for Change
Making the Change
- Avoiding conflict and building on progress through communication and feedback.
- Managing the change at all levels, personal, team and organisational – different approaches, different strategies, Push/Pull, Levers for Change
- Monitoring and managing staff morale, consultation and team building
- Personal Transitions – how people respond to Change
- Sustaining and managing the plan
- Monitoring progress and adapting the plan
Delegates will have the opportunity to explore in a safe environment the skills they need to develop in order to adopt a leadership role, and will leave the course with a unique Leadership Action Plan. Throughout, the emphasis will be on helping delegates to achieve lasting behavioural change.
By the End of the Course, Participants Will Be Able To:
- Draw out effective performance from a team of people who have a range of skills, attitudes and cognitive/behaviour styles.
- Lead and facilitate a group of people to productively solve abstract problems.
- Form a group of individuals into a cohesive team that shares a commitment to a common goal.
- Create a positive, productive atmosphere within a project team.
- Defining leadership in terms of your Supply Chain Projects
- Becoming a leader, not just a manager
- Key roles and tasks of a true leader
- The business project application of key leadership theories and associated models, including:
- 30 definitions of leadership in terms of your project – what works for you?
- Developing as a leader of projects:
- Personal branding as a leader
- The value of emotional intelligence
- Setting your leadership agenda
By Post, Phone, Email or our Social Media Channels.
133 Hall Lane, Upminster RM14 1AL
+44 1708 259450
Send Us a Message