Creating Competitive Advantage
£1,195.00 + VAT
Designed for Executives, delegates will leave with a range of tools and techniques that will add value to senior level negotiations, both internally and externally.
1 DAY Course
Please email email@example.com for course dates.
The need for understanding and leading change has never been greater. As organisations become leaner and more competitive, supply chains become more effective and integrated, and as information systems and communications become faster and more sophisticated it is vital that managers need to be able to lead and manage change at all levels in their organisation.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Why businesses change
- How businesses are structured and change their structures
- How the supply chain can operate and change effectively
- How to diagnose the need for change
- How to develop the vision and the plan
- How change affects people and teams and how best to manage them through the change
- How to measure success
Understanding Change and why it occurs
- What drives Change in Supply Chain Organisations
- Different varieties of Change
- The evolution of businesses and their structures
- Leadership for Change
- Culture and Power in Organisations
- Dealing with Conflict
- Individual and Team Change – different approaches
Diagnosis and Preparation
- Diagnosing the need for Change
- Hard and Soft Change
- Kotter’s eight steps for Change
- Creating the Coalition
- Creating the Vision
- Creating the Plan
- Choosing the Agent for Change
Making the Change
- Avoiding conflict and building on progress through communication and feedback.
- Managing the change at all levels, personal, team and organisational – different approaches, different strategies, Push/Pull, Levers for Change
- Monitoring and managing staff morale, consultation and team building
- Personal Transitions – how people respond to Change
- Sustaining and managing the plan
- Monitoring progress and adapting the plan
As a strategic leader, how do you develop a competitive advantage for your organisation?
We explore the challenges leaders can encounter when developing strategies and highlight the opportunities and threats of a range of industries. We consider both the financial and people management factors involved in formulating strategies for competitive advantage and develop your strategic decision making skills.
- Understanding the basics of strategy development and how to develop a framework for your organisation.
- Linking high growth strategy to strategic objectives.
- Understanding the unique strategic challenges your organisation is facing.
- Learning how to deliver a customer centric value proposition.
- Uncovering the characteristics which are the hallmark of successful strategic thinkers
- Industry dynamics and mega trends
- Developing customer-centric strategies
- Strategy innovation
- Strategic assets for creating competitive advantage
- Businesses and product portfolio management
- Strategic alignment and Implementation
2 Day Course
Professor Tazeeb Rajwani
Tazeeb Rajwani is Professor of International Business and Strategy at Essex Business School.
He has held senior management positions at KPMG and was previously Executive MBA Director at Cranfield School of Management. Professor Rajwani has held visiting faculty positions across the globe, including the likes of University of Warwick, London Business School and HULT International Business School.
By Post, Phone, Email or our Social Media Channels.
133 Hall Lane, Upminster RM14 1AL
+44 1708 259450
Send Us a Message