Negotiation is an important skill to grow your business. Are your Leaders ready to negotiate the best deal, every time?
Designed for Executives, delegates will leave with a range of tools and techniques that will add value to senior level negotiations, both internally and externally.
Prepare for different types of negotiations, predict reactions, and use tried and tested techniques to consistently deliver positive results.
Hone your skills through practical exercises, one-to-one feedback and intense role-play work, and learn the latest theories for analysing the complete negotiation process – from introduction to closing deal.
- Conduct principled negotiations that result in wise outcomes
- Be able to use a process approach to achieve successful conclusions
- Use a range of flexible communication strategies
- Develop a confident negotiating style to deflect tough tactics and potential conflicts
- Apply practical psychology principles to negotiate effectively
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Recognise their personal negotiation style
- Have understood how to prepare for a negotiation with a Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) analysis
- Build an effective negotiation strategy
- Identify hidden agendas and take action
A process approach to negotiation
Defining Success Criteria and Expectations
- What is a wise outcome?
- Long term vs short term outcomes
- Questioning, Listening , Asserting
Styles and Process
- Review which style(s) are most appropriate to each stage of the process
Achieving Win/Win Outcomes
- Managing emotions (own and the other party)
- Dealing with conflict
- Opportunity to work with new skills and get feedback from others
Review and application possibilities