The need for understanding and leading change has never been greater. As organisations become leaner and more competitive, supply chains become more effective and integrated, and as information systems and communications become faster and more sophisticated it is vital that managers need to be able to lead and manage change at all levels in their organisation.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Why businesses change
- How businesses are structured and change their structures
- How the supply chain can operate and change effectively
- How to diagnose the need for change
- How to develop the vision and the plan
- How change affects people and teams and how best to manage them through the change
- How to measure success
Understanding Change and why it occurs
- What drives Change in Supply Chain Organisations
- Different varieties of Change
- The evolution of businesses and their structures
- Leadership for Change
- Culture and Power in Organisations
- Dealing with Conflict
- Individual and Team Change – different approaches
Diagnosis and Preparation
- Diagnosing the need for Change
- Hard and Soft Change
- Kotter’s eight steps for Change
- Creating the Coalition
- Creating the Vision
- Creating the Plan
- Choosing the Agent for Change
Making the Change
- Avoiding conflict and building on progress through communication and feedback.
- Managing the change at all levels, personal, team and organisational – different approaches, different strategies, Push/Pull, Levers for Change
- Monitoring and managing staff morale, consultation and team building
- Personal Transitions – how people respond to Change
- Sustaining and managing the plan
- Monitoring progress and adapting the plan
Project Leadership for Senior Management
There is a difference between project management and project leadership. Each role requires a particular focus and independent strategy.
The role of Project Sponsor requires specific leadership activities designed to facilitate the end aims and objectives of the project.
Project Leadership for Senior Management is an interactive senior level program designed to provide a solid foundation in key project and programme leadership competencies.
Participants will understand setting direction, aligning people, motivating and inspiring, leading teams, communicating, building relationships, facilitating ethical conduct, negotiating and leading change.
We do NOT cover the basic tools of project management instead, we aid you to direct the project.
1 Day Course
Following completion, you will be able to:
- Describe success for your own and connected projects
- Analyse and manage the stakeholder environment in which your project sits
- Identify the relevant control and assurance mechanisms for your projects
- Identify sources of help for a leader or Business Sponsor
- What are you responsible for?
- Creating the environment for success
- Who are you responsible to?
- Maintaining control
- Outcomes and Benefits: Completion is not the end