The need for understanding and leading change has never been greater. As organisations become leaner and more competitive, supply chains become more effective and integrated, and as information systems and communications become faster and more sophisticated it is vital that managers need to be able to lead and manage change at all levels in their organisation.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Why businesses change
- How businesses are structured and change their structures
- How the supply chain can operate and change effectively
- How to diagnose the need for change
- How to develop the vision and the plan
- How change affects people and teams and how best to manage them through the change
- How to measure success
Understanding Change and why it occurs
- What drives Change in Supply Chain Organisations
- Different varieties of Change
- The evolution of businesses and their structures
- Leadership for Change
- Culture and Power in Organisations
- Dealing with Conflict
- Individual and Team Change – different approaches
Diagnosis and Preparation
- Diagnosing the need for Change
- Hard and Soft Change
- Kotter’s eight steps for Change
- Creating the Coalition
- Creating the Vision
- Creating the Plan
- Choosing the Agent for Change
Making the Change
- Avoiding conflict and building on progress through communication and feedback.
- Managing the change at all levels, personal, team and organisational – different approaches, different strategies, Push/Pull, Levers for Change
- Monitoring and managing staff morale, consultation and team building
- Personal Transitions – how people respond to Change
- Sustaining and managing the plan
- Monitoring progress and adapting the plan
Introduction to Blockchain (in your Supply Chain)
Businesses across the world are investigating how Blockchain technology may transform their supply chain. Blockchain has the potential to transform key industries, including financial services, utilities, Supply Chain (Logistics & Procurement). By demystifying blockchain technology, this practical introduction will help you get to grips with this exciting technology and understand its potential impact.
This Introduction to Blockchain course does not require technical IT experience or knowledge. It is designed to promote awareness of Blockchain and its applications within the supply chain industry
1 Day Course
- What is Blockchain?
- How does Blockchain work?
- Types of Blockchains
- How is Blockchain different from what we have today?
- What does a Blockchain app look like?
- How do I develop a Blockchain app?
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
- Blockchain Basic Principles
- Mechanics of Blockchain
- What is a Block?
- How are Blocks Chained Together?
- Blockchain vs Database Benefits
- Blockchain Consensus
- How is Blockchain Different Than What We Have Today
- How to design and develop block chain
- How Do I Develop a Blockchain Application?