Introduction to Big Data
No company should underestimate the importance of Big data. Companies gain an important competitive advantage over their competitors with the ability to capture store and analysis vast amounts of data. Therefore, it is imperative for supply chain professional to understand what big data is and how it can add value to a supply chain.
This course is for those who want to start thinking about how Big Data might be useful in their business or career. It introduces one of the most common frameworks, Hadoop, that has made big data analysis easier and more accessible — increasing the potential for data to transform our world.
£795.00 + VAT
1 Day Course
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE?
- Supply Chain Professionals
- Purchasing and Procurement professionals
- Managers and Executives
- Operational management
This Introduction to Big Data course does not require technical IT experience or knowledge. It is designed to promote awareness of big data and its applications within the supply chain industry
- What is Big Data (versus small data)?
- Sources of Big Data
- At a scale, The Four V’s of big data
- Ten principles of Big Data
- Making sense of data
- Data in your organisation
- Understanding Big Data application across a supply chain using real case studies
- Identify opportunities in the following data sources
- How would you combine the data sources?
- Google dashboard
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
- The characteristics of Big Data
- Types of Big Data
- Principles of Big Data
- The 4V’s of Big Data (Volume, Velocity, Variety and Veracity)
- Where Big Data is Used
- Domains: Data Storage, Computations, Infrastructure
By Post, Phone, Email or our Social Media Channels.
133 Hall Lane, Upminster RM14 1AL
+44 1708 259450
Send Us a Message